Our Access Statement ~
There are 150 camping pitches and 80 static caravans as well as a summer camping field (The Orchard). We are 1½ miles from the village of Dalwood with it’s pub, village shop and Post Office. We are 3 miles from Axminster, a small town with a range of shops, supermarkets and leisure facilities.
Our access statement can be requested in large print as can elements of our brochure which is also available as a PDF. This relates to our facilities, caravan and touring, tariffs, how to book and booking conditions. All are available on request by calling 01404 808 523. If you have any questions about the suitability of our park for your stay please call us.
• Bookings can be made online, by email, by telephone or in writing.
• Public transport. There is a train station in Axminster which is 3 miles from Andrewshayes. Buses run hourly throughout the day from Axminster and Honiton along the A35 to a bus stop which is approximately 1/4 mile from Andrewshayes Holiday Park. If you have mobility issues of any type we recommend you talk to us about the suitability of using public transport to Andrewshayes before you book.
There are also a number of good local taxi companies, a taxi should be booked in advance (there is no taxi rank at Axminster Station). Please be aware that being in a rural location taxis are quite expensive to use.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
The main entrance to the park is tarmac with concrete and tarmac roads throughout the park. There are two speed bumps on the park. Other areas are gravel tracks or grass. There is space to park one car next to your static caravan, touring caravan or tent.
• If you arrive back on site after 11pm you will need to park your car in the overnight parking area next to reception. If you expect to arrive late (after 7pm) we appreciate that you call to inform us so arrangements can be made.
• The reception is signposted from the main entrance. The main reception has sloping wheelchair access. When reception is closed new arrivals are greeted at the warden’s lodge or the bar.
• Out-of-hours contact telephone numbers are displayed externally at reception.
• All areas of the campsite are accessible by vehicle.
Main Entrance and Reception
• Reception is signposted from the main entrance. You can park directly outside, it has wheelchair access and wide doors. Reception hours vary throughout the year and are displayed clearly in the reception window.
• There is an accessible toilet in reception.
• Attention should be given to the signage at main reception regarding opening hours, contact numbers and where to go if reception is closed. Please phone before arrival if you have any concerns about this.
• The site is gently sloping and largely grassed with a main driving access tarmac or concrete.
• Facilities on site include a swimming pool, games room, TV room, launderette, washing up area, showers, toilets, baby change and disabled access shower and toilet. Please see separate sections for further details.
• We have an accessible WC and a full wet shower room in one of our amenity blocks. This room has a wide door (100cm), wet room type shower for wheelchair access and and a seat for assisted showering, high and low sinks, lever taps at the sinks, a raised toilet with handrails, a mirror, and tiled floor. This facility is available to anyone who requires it. A key is available from reception for a £5 deposit which is refunded when the key is returned at the end of your stay.
• We also have separate male and female showers and toilets. The showers cubicles are wet room style (i.e no shower trays) with a non-slip flooring. The toilet cubicles are approximately 85cm wide with a tiled floor.
• The launderette has level access with an 80cm wide door and tiled floor. It has floor standing, front loading and top loading washing machines, a front loading tumble dryer and laundry sinks. There is also a microwave and freezer in the launderette.
• There is a step up to the information room.
the information room has comprehensive information regarding local events, an environmental notice board, tourist information leaflets and books to borrow. Members of staff will be happy to help anyone who has difficulty accessing this room or it’s contents.
• We have a small shop in the reception area selling camping accessories, toiletries, cleaning products, basic food stuffs, local milk, eggs, cold drinks, ice creams and sweets and snacks. Stamps are on sale. Reception and shop has level access and a non-slip vinyl floor.
• There is a post box 300 metres from the park.
• The games room is located next to the office and has a sloping access, an 80cm wide door and hard floor. It has a pool table and air hockey with space around them.
Bar and Takeaway
There is level access to the bar and takeaway with the entrance door 90 cm wide. Toilets in the bar area are not suitable for wheelchair users but accessible toilets are approx 100 metres away (please ask about a key for this facility).
There are two entrances to the swimming pool. One via a series of steps with a handrail. The other access is from a sloping road with wide double gate entrance.
For access into the pool itself there are gentle steps and a handrail at one end (see attached photographs on the PDF below)
There is a recreational area set aside for children to play field and ball games. The play area is level but access to it is sloping down a grass field.
• Most of the static caravans are accessed via either three or four wooden steps with a handrail on one side. You can park your car next to your caravan.
• All caravans have vinyl flooring in the kitchen and bathroom and carpet in the lounge area and bedrooms.
• The holiday caravans at Andrewshayes are a variety of makes and models, for specific details about the facilities of the caravan you have booked please contact us. Caravans have a mixture of low energy bulbs and spotlights and have a high ledge to step over when entering the shower.
• Dogs are accepted in some caravans by prior arrangement.
• All caravans have a gas fire in the lounge and hot water on demand.
• Double beds have access to both sides of the bed, single beds only have access from one side
Touring and Camping Facilities
• Touring Pitches are covered with gravel or astro turf and surrounded by a grassed area with space to park your car at the side of the pitch
The “Rally Field” is open for night bookings for tourers, motorhomes and tents. This is a sloping field with terraced pitches. Toilet and shower facilities are at the lower end of the field. If you have any mobility issues we advise you call us to request a pitch at the lower part of the field.
• Facilities include male and female showers and toilets with free hot water. There is an accessible shower room with baby change
• Refuse and recycling points, chemical disposal point and washing up sinks all based in or around the central amenity block. Drinking water taps are spaced around the site.
• All lighting in the amenity block is fluorescent on timer controls. Outside, the block is lit by low energy lights.
• Sinks are approx 90cm high with turn on taps. Sinks in the disabled access shower room have lever taps.
• Electric hook up points are approx 80cm high
Dog walking Field
• The dog walking field is a sloping grass meadow. This can become slippery when wet.
• Our woodland walk is approximately 1/2 mile. Access to the woods is through a gently sloping field. This may not be pushchair or wheelchair friendly in wet weather.
Mobile Telephone and WiFi Access
Mobile phone coverage (4G) is available at Andrewshayes and is generally good.
WiFi is available to purchase via Club WiFi (online purchase). Being is a rural location we do not have fibre optic WiFi. Therefore the WiFi is suitable for general browsing, emails and accessing Facebook, Instagram etc but not for accessing videos, games or downloading.
Wheelchairs are available to hire from Lyme Bay Mobility by calling 01297 792804 – they will deliver to Andrewshayes.
• If you have any particular requirements or concerns you wish to discuss please feel free to contact us before your stay, by contact us by telephone on 01404 831225 or email – Click Here to do that –
Andrewshayes Holiday Park is open to the public from mid March to November. If you wish to visit the park outside these months then please contact us in advance.
Local public transport operators: South West Trains, First Travel (buses)
Local accessible taxi numbers: Axminster Taxis: 01297 34000
Emergency Service – There is no emergency service available on park however the reception is open from 9am until 5pm and the bar facility until 11pm.
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please contact us.