Corona Virus News – Updated 23 March 2020

Letter to Static Owners and Seasonal Tourers – 23 March 2020 

If you heard the news yesterday or this morning the Government has issued clear guidelines for the holiday park industry

“Essential travel does not include visits to second homes, camp sites, caravan parks or similar, whether for isolation purposes or holidays. People should remain in their primary residence. Not taking these steps puts additional pressure on communities and services that are already at risk.”

Yesterday we started contacting all holiday hire and touring bookings to ask them to stay away and to offer alternative dates when the crisis is over.

We have now made, with Government guidance, the decision that our Park will close at 1600hrs on Monday 23rd March.

It is with huge regret that we have made the decision to temporarily close the site. Most other local holiday parks are doing the same.

However these are unprecedented times. We have a responsibility to consider not just ourselves but the people of our country and local community here in East Devon. In the last 2 days there has been an increasing and understandable concern in the local communities towards owners of second homes, caravans as well as holiday visitors.

It is a situation which was unimaginable just a few weeks ago as we were busy preparing the park for the season. As many of you know, our parents started Andrewshayes 60 years ago and this year was planned to be a year to celebrate our business with our many loyal customers. As a family it really is an upsetting decision to have to make for everyone concerned. We are keen to ensure the on-going employment of our team and hopefully we will all keep well and be here ready for re-opening the parks later in the year.

To clarify please do not come to Andrewshayes until we advise you that we are re-opening.

We ask that if you need to contact us please do so by email as the office team are under a lot of pressure at the moment.

Kind regards

Peter, Caroline and Clare

This letter supersedes the previous update. We will continue to contact holiday makers who have booked to stay with us through April and May to discuss their options.

Update 22 March 2020

In view of the fast moving situation regarding Covid-19 and Government advice, we have taken the incredibly difficult decision to delay the opening of Andrewshayes Holiday Park until 17th April for the safety of our guests and staff.

This decision has not been taken lightly but we feel it is socially responsible of us to do so.

We understand that we have many guests due to arrive during this period, we are now busy contacting everyone to explain the situation.

For holiday makers that have booked directly with us or through Hoseasons during this time we are more than happy to transfer the value of the holiday for anytime within 2020 or up until 11th June 2021.

Please bear with us whilst we undertake this task. Due to the high number of queries we are expecting it would be best to contact us by email if you do not hear from us in the next few days.  info@andrewshayes.co.uk

We really appreciate all of customers support during this extremely difficult time. Please be assured that we intend to open our doors for business as soon as it is safe to do so.

We will be assessing the situation daily and are expecting further guidance from the Government this week. in the meantime we all have to take precautions following the latest Government health and travel advice.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

 

Cancellation and Refund Policy

If you have a holiday booked at Andrewshayes we will be contacting you soon. We understand that we have many guests due to arrive during this period so please be patient.

For holiday makers that have booked directly with us or through Hoseasons during this time we are more than happy to transfer the value of the holiday for anytime within 2020 or up until 11th June 2021. This is over and above our current refund policy but does not affect your statutory rights.

If you are booked after this time and unwilling to travel as a result of the Coronavirus, our policy is that we are happy to re-book your holiday.

We would transfer all the money you have paid to use against a future date. There will be no administration fee charged for this but future dates may be at a different price to the original date booked.

If you do come on holiday and feeling ill with the typical symptoms, we would ask that you safely inform us so we can discuss your options. We would agree any refund or credit on a case by case basis should you return home early.

Pin It on Pinterest