Our Access Statement ~
Andrewshayes is a four-star family run holiday park. Set in a rural location in approximately 12 acres. Much of the site is set on gently sloping land overlooking the Corry Valley.
There are 150 camping pitches and 80 static caravans as well as a summer camping field (The Orchard). We are 1½ miles from the village of Dalwood with it’s pub, village shop and Post Office. We are 3 miles from Axminster, a small town with a range of shops, supermarkets and leisure facilities.
Our access statement can be requested in large print as can elements of our brochure which is also available as a PDF. This relates to our facilities, caravan and touring, tariffs, how to book and booking conditions. All are available on request by calling 01404 808 523. If you have any questions about the suitability of our park for your stay please call us.
• Bookings can be made online, by email, by telephone or in writing.
• Public transport. There is a train station in Axminster which is 3 miles from Andrewshayes. Buses run hourly throughout the day from Axminster and Honiton along the A35 to a bus stop which is approximately 1/4 mile from Andrewshayes Holiday Park. If you have mobility issues of any type we recommend you talk to us about the suitability of using public transport to Andrewshayes before you book.
There are also a number of good local taxi companies, a taxi should be booked in advance (there is no taxi rank at Axminster Station). Please be aware that being in a rural location taxis are quite expensive to use.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
The main entrance to the park is tarmac with concrete and tarmac roads throughout the park. There are two speed bumps on the park. Other areas are gravel tracks or grass. There is space to park one car next to your static caravan, touring caravan or tent.
• If you arrive back on site after 11pm you will need to park your car in the overnight parking area next to reception. If you expect to arrive late (after 7pm) we appreciate that you call to inform us so arrangements can be made.
• The reception is signposted from the main entrance. The main reception has sloping wheelchair access. When reception is closed new arrivals are greeted at the warden’s lodge or the bar.
• Out-of-hours contact telephone numbers are displayed externally at reception.
• All areas of the campsite are accessible by vehicle.
Main Entrance and Reception
• Reception is signposted from the main entrance. You can park directly outside, it has wheelchair access and wide doors. Reception hours vary throughout the year and are displayed clearly in the reception window.
• There is an accessible toilet in reception.
• Attention should be given to the signage at main reception regarding opening hours, contact numbers and where to go if reception is closed. Please phone before arrival if you have any concerns about this.
• The site is gently sloping and largely grassed with a main driving access tarmac or concrete.
• Facilities on site include a swimming pool, games room, TV room, launderette, washing up area, showers, toilets, baby change and disabled access shower and toilet. Please see separate sections for further details.
• We have an accessible WC and a full wet shower room in one of our amenity blocks. This room has a wide door (100cm), wet room type shower for wheelchair access and and a seat for assisted showering, high and low sinks, lever taps at the sinks, a raised toilet with handrails, a mirror, and tiled floor. This facility is available to anyone who requires it. A key is available from reception for a £5 deposit which is refunded when the key is returned at the end of your stay.
• We also have separate male and female showers and toilets. The showers cubicles are wet room style (i.e no shower trays) with a non-slip flooring. The toilet cubicles are approximately 85cm wide with a tiled floor.
• The launderette has level access with an 80cm wide door and tiled floor. It has floor standing, front loading and top loading washing machines, a front loading tumble dryer and laundry sinks. There is also a microwave and freezer in the launderette.
• There is a step up to the information room. It has comprehensive information regarding local events, an environmental notice board, tourist information leaflets and books to borrow. Members of staff will be happy to help anyone who has difficulty accessing this room or it’s contents.
• We have a small shop in the reception area selling camping accessories, toiletries, cleaning products, basic food stuffs, local milk, eggs, cold drinks, ice creams and sweets and snacks. Stamps are on sale. Reception and shop has level access and a non-slip vinyl floor.
• There is a post box 300 metres from the park.
• The games room is located next to the office and has a sloping access, an 80cm wide door and hard floor. It has a pool table and air hockey with space around them.
Bar and Takeaway
There is level access to the bar and takeaway with the entrance door 90 cm wide. Toilets in the bar area are not suitable for wheelchair users but accessible toilets are approx 100 metres away.
There are two entrances to the swimming pool. One via a series of steps with a handrail. The other access is from a sloping road with wide double gate entrance. The pool is heated by solar heating and a heat exchange system.
There is a recreational area set aside for children to play field and ball games.
Our nature trail covers various parts of the park with most of the information boards set on grass. The route is short enough to be walked by small children. The rest of the route should be wheelchair / push-chair accessible with assistance. One of the boards is near the football field (see above for access) and there is a section which goes to our woodland walk which may not be pushchair or wheelchair friendly in wet weather.
• Most of the static caravans are accessed via either three or four wooden steps with a handrail on one side. You can park your car next to your caravan.
• All caravans have vinyl flooring in the kitchen and bathroom and carpet in the lounge area and bedrooms.
• The holiday caravans at Andrewshayes are a variety of makes and models, for specific details about the facilities of the caravan you have booked please contact us. Caravans have a mixture of low energy bulbs and spotlights and have a high ledge to step over when entering the shower.
• Dogs are accepted in some caravans by prior arrangement.
• All caravans have a gas fire in the lounge and hot water on demand.
• Double beds have access to both sides of the bed, single beds only have access from one side
Touring and Camping Facilities
• Campsite facilities include male and female showers and toilets, accessible shower room and baby change, shop and takeaway (high season), games room, launderette, children’s play area, chemical disposal point, washing up sinks all based in or around the central amenity block. Refuse and recycling points, drinking water taps spaced around the site.
• All lighting in the amenity block is fluorescent on timer controls. Outside, the block is lit by low energy lights.
• Sinks are approx 90cm high with turn on taps. Sinks in the disabled access shower room have lever taps.
• Pitches are grassed with space to park your car on your pitch
• Electric hook up points are approx 80cm high
• Dog walking field on site
Mobile Telephone and WiFi Access
Mobile phone coverage (3G) is available at Andrewshayes but is limited in some parts. We do not have 4G access.
WiFi access cards are available to purchase. Being is a rural location we do not have fibre optic WiFi. Therefore the WiFi is suitable for general browsing, emails and accessing Facebook, Instagram etc but not for accessing videos, games or downloading.
• If you have any particular requirements or concerns you wish to discuss please feel free to contact us before your stay, by contact us by telephone on 01404 831225 or email – Click Here to do that –
Andrewshayes Holiday Park is open to the public from mid March to November. If you wish to visit the park outside these months then please contact us in advance.
Local public transport operators: South West Trains, First Travel (buses)
Local accessible taxi numbers: Axminster Taxis: 01297 34000
Emergency Service – There is no emergency service available on park however the reception is open from 9am until 5pm and the bar facility until 11pm.
Wheelchairs are available by prior request.
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please contact us.